About the course
If you are looking to start a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine this course is perfect.
This qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings.
What you will study
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.