The simplest form of relief printing is rubber stamping, which is familiar to all crafters. But the technique is far more versatile than that.
This fun course covers:
- How to cut a form by cutting away the negative in a block
- Contour, marks-making and stippling
- New techniques such as monochrome linocut and woodcut, jigsaw linocut, multi-layered linocut or woodcut blocks.
- Print techniques including paper preparation, registering, burnishing, relief and intaglio printing
- You will also get a chance to experiment with colour overlays and stencils
- We will also show you how to showcase your prints.
As a printing-press is not used you can achieve bold and dramatic results that can be practiced at home, as well as in the studio.
This course is ideal for students with some experience who want to try something different or beginners.
This course runs on Fridays for a tatalof 10 weeks - If the course has started, please contact us as spaces may be available.
To find out more about this course, the dates it runs on and the course fees please use the button below.