Course dates and times
- 23 April | 20 weeks | 10am - 3pm | Greenwich Park Centre
- 29 April | 20 weeks | 1pm - 3pm | Greenwich Park Centre
For information on fees, please click here.
By the end of the course, you will be able to
- Batik: learn the Indonesian art of batik is a technique of wax-resist dyeing applied to whole cloth, or cloth made using this technique. Indian and African styles applied too.
- Tie-dye- process of hand-dyeing fabric, in which sections of the fabric are tightly bound, as with thread, to resist the dye solution, thereby producing a variegated pattern. Including indigo and Japanese shibori techniques
- Silk painting, the Asian art - the application of paints or dyes directly onto silk fabric using an exciting array of watercolor techniques. The colours are brilliant, vibrant and translucent and merge on the fabric which remains soft and to touch.
- Fabric printing –design your own images, learn developing process and print designs onto t-shirts, bags and other fabrics.