About the course
This one year, level 2 qualification provides an understanding of art, design and craft through engagement with the work of artists and designers. You will have the opportunity to gain practical and creative skills by working with 2D and 3D materials, processes and techniques. Available options include photography, graphic design, 3D, fine art and fashion. Cambridge Technicals are exam-free so suit all learning styles and include hands-on practical experience based upon real life scenarios. If you haven't already been interviewed please bring an art portfolio to enrolment.
What you will study
You will study a range units providing you with the opportunity to explore a broad range of Art and Design topics, including drawing, painting, printmaking, digital design and fine art.
The units you will study could include;
Exploring the work of artists & Designers
2D Media, materials, and techniques
Developing ideas in response to an art and design brief
Realising art & Designs ideas
Producing Art & design work for sale
Exploring graphic design and illustration
Exploring fashion and textiles
- All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. You must pass each unit to achieve the Diploma qualification at the end of the course. Students are also required to undertake examinations in Essential (Functional) Skills English and Maths. This course is hard work and challenging, deadlines must always be met, units must be passed, it is also creative, fun and very rewarding.
- £60 levy towards cost of materials used on the course
- 4 GCSE’s at grades A* - D / 9-3, including English.
- Selection is by interview and appraisal of your portfolio of art and media production work.
- If you haven't already been interviewed please bring an art portfolio to enrolment.
Progression to employment or training in art, design or media such as OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Certificate/Extended Certificate/Diploma in Art & Design, Photography or Media.