About the course
This one year, level 3 qualification provides an art, design and craft through engagement with the work of artists and designers. You will have the opportunity to gain practical and creative skills by working with the 2D and 3D materials, processes and techniques. Cambridge Technicals are exam-free so suit all learning styles and include hands-on practical experience based upon real life scenarios.
What you will study
You will study a range units providing you with the opportunity to explore a variety of options such as graphic design, 3D, fine art and fashion.
The units you will study could include;
Art and design in context
How artists and designers use 2D materials, techniques and processes.
Digital image creation
Branding and corporate design
Up-cycling fashion products
Fine art drawing
Contemporary fine art
Fine art printmaking
- All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. You must pass each unit to achieve the Diploma qualification at the end of the course.
- You will also be required to undertake examinations in Essential (Functional) Skills English and Maths.
- £60 levy towards cost of materials used on the course
- 5 GCSEs - grades A*-C / 9 - 4 including English Language, Art and maths
- Selection is by interview and appraisal of your portfolio of art and design work
If you haven't already been interviewed please bring an art portfolio to enrolment
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Diploma Extended Diploma in Art, Design or Photography
To be awarded the following qualifications you will need to achieve the unit credits specified below;
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Certificate in Art and Design – Minimum of 30 credits
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma in Art and Design – Minimum of 60 credits
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma in Art and Design – Minimum of 90 credits