About the course
This course is an exciting diploma course which is designed for students who want to explore their creative digital ability using media technologies and products. This leads to practical and creative skills that transfer into the workplace. Cambridge Technicals are exam-free so suit all learning styles and include hands-on practical experience based upon real life scenarios.
What you will study
You will have the opportunity to manage and work on creative projects using a variety of industry standard digital media software, and you will be able to create digital content for a website, create a graphic narrative comic, plan and produce a motion graphics sequence, create a magazine layout, and much more. This is a very popular course and to avoid disappointment, early application is recommended.
The units you will study could include;
- Analysing media products and audiences
- Planning and pitching an audio visual media product
- Producing an audio visual media product
- Graphic design for media productions
- Web authoring and design
- Comics and graphic novels
- Planning and pitching a print-based media product
- Producing a print-based media product
- Preparing for a career in the media industry
- All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. You must pass each unit to achieve the Diploma qualification at the end of the course.
- You will also be required to undertake examinations in Essential (Functional) Skills English and Maths.
- 5 GCSEs - grades A* - C / 9 - 4 including English Language and maths
- Selection is by interview and appraisal of your portfolio of art and design work
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Diploma Extended Diploma in Media, Film and Television or Journalism.
To be awarded the following qualifications you will need to achieve the unit credits specified below;
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Certificate in Media – Minimum of 30 credits
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma in Media – Minimum of 60 credits
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma in Media – Minimum of 90 credits