About the course
This course is structured with art and design and creative skills at the core of its programme. Idea creation through drawing development to digital content design, development and creation. You will work in our new state of the Art Digital Space #ThePlatform , working on Apple Macs and the latest software. If you are a creative and interested in using your design and flair within the Digital industries in Games Design, SFX , film or animation. This is definitely the course for you.
What will you study
You will study 18 units over 2 years. The course is made up of 8 core modules that are compulsory and then a series of optional units that can be selected
- Communication Technologies
- Materials Techniques and processes
- 3D Modelling
- 3D Games Development
- 2D animation
- 3D animation
- Project Planning and Development
Assessment is through coursework that is internally assessed and externally moderated by an examiner with 2 external assessed unit.
- Level 2 Vocational Diploma (BTEC/C&G)
- 4 GCSE’s grade A-C or 4-9 inclusive of English and maths
- GCSE English and Maths Grades A-c or 4-9)
- Interest in IT, Design and Digital Technology
Cost and loans
The Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course.