About the course
This course will give you the knowledge, understanding and competencies required for gaining employment in the creative media production industries or for progressing to Higher Education. It will provide insight into the many different roles and disciplines available in the sector and focuses on the practical and theoretical skills needed to become a creative media production professional. The course will also teach you to promote yourself to employers.
The course has good links with industry and can provide you with opportunities to gain real work experience.
What you will study
- Pre-production techniques
- Working to a brief
- Film and video editing techniques
- Single and multi-camera techniques
- Factual and documentary programming for TV
- Music video production
- Writing for TV and video
This course also provides you with excellent enrichment activities that include field trips to the BBC, museums and film studios in London and take part in seminars and workshops facilitated by leading media professionals.
- Assessment is coursework and exam based. All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. Students must pass each unit to get the overall Diploma qualification at the end of the course. Students are also required to take an examination in Essential (Functional) Skills English and Maths.
- 4 GCSEs - grade C / 4 or above including English Language and Maths
- Or Creative Media Production Level 2 Diploma
- Or Art and Design Level 2 Diploma
- Selection is by interview and appraisal of your portfolio of art and design or digital media work.
Costs and loans
- The Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course
- Higher National Diploma or Degree course at university
- This course will also suit students from other colleges and 6th forms who have already achieved an Art and Design BTEC Level 3 60 Credit Subsidiary Diploma