About the course
This one year, level 3 qualification provides an understanding of the print and e-publishing industry by empowering you to work with media products, production processes and technologies. This leads to practical and creative skills that transfer into the workplace. Cambridge Technicals are exam-free so suit all learning styles and include hands-on practical experience based upon real life scenarios.
What you will study
You will study a range units providing you with the opportunity to explore a variety of different fields of print and e-publishing.
The units you will study could include;
- Analysing media products and audiences
- Planning and pitching a print-based media product
- Producing a print-based media product
- Print-based advertising media
- UK media publishing
- Photography for media products
- Graphic design for media products
- Comics and graphic novels
- Web authoring and design
- Social media products
- All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. You must pass each unit to achieve the Diploma qualification at the end of the course. Students are also required to undertake examinations in Essential (Functional) Skills English and Maths. This course is hard work and challenging, deadlines must always be met, units must be passed, it is also creative, fun and very rewarding.
- 5 GCSEs - grades A* - C / 9 - 4 including English
- Selection is by interview and appraisal of your enthusiasm, experience, interest and portfolio or showreel of media production work
Progression to employment or further training in media such as OCR Level 3 Cambridge Diploma/Extended Diploma in Media, Film and Television or Journalism.