About the course
This one year, level 3 qualification provides an understanding of the film and television industries by empowering you to work with media products, production processes and technologies. This leads to practical and creative skills that transfer into the workplace. Cambridge Technicals are exam-free so suit all learning styles and include hands-on practical experience based upon real life scenarios.
What you will study
You will study a range units providing you with the opportunity to explore a variety of different fields of film and television.
The units you will study could include;
- Analysing media products and audiences
- Scriptwriting for media products
- Planning and pitching an audio-visual media product
- Producing an audiovisual media product
- Audio-visual advertising media
- Production roles in media organisations
- UK film studies
- Production and postproduction for film
- UK TV broadcasting
- Production and postproduction for TV
- Visual effects for TV and film
- Special effects for TV and film
- Audio-visual promos
- Acting for the screen
All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. You must pass each unit to achieve the Diploma qualification at the end of the course. Students are also required to undertake examinations in Essential (Functional) Skills English and Maths. This course is hard work and challenging, deadlines must always be met, units must be passed, it is also creative, fun and very rewarding.
- 5 GCSEs - grades A* - C / 9 - 4 including English. Selection is by interview and appraisal of your enthusiasm, experience, interest and portfolio or showreel of media production work.
Cost and loans
The Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course.
Progression to employment or further training in media such as OCR Level 3 Cambridge Diploma/Extended Diploma in Media, Film and Television or Journalism.
To be awarded the following qualifications you will need to achieve the unit credits specified below;
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Certificate in Media – Minimum of 30 credits
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma in Media – Minimum of 60 credits
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma in Media – Minimum of 90 credits