About the course
This course will give you the knowledge, understanding and competencies required for gaining employment in the photographic industries or for progressing to Higher Education. It will provide insight into the many different roles and disciplines available in the sector and focuses on the practical and theoretical skills needed to become a professional photographer. The course will also teach you to promote yourself to employers.
What you will study
- Knowing and using your DSLR camera
- Specialist studio and lighting techniques
- Location photography
- Portrait photography
- Landscape and cityscape photography
- Materials, techniques and processes
- Photoshop and digital image manipulation
- Printing and scanning
- Ideas and concepts
- Visual communications
This course also provides you with excellent enrichment activities that include field trips to influential European cities, design museums in London, universities and art schools as well as being able to get involved in organising and running charity events.
- Assessment is coursework based. All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. Students must pass each unit to get the overall Diploma qualification at the end of the course. Students are also required to take an examination in Essential (Functional) Skills English and maths.
- 4 GCSEs - grades A*-C including English and maths
- OR Art and Design Level 2 Diploma - Merit or Distinction grades
- Selection is by interview and appraisal of your portfolio of art and design work.
Costs and loans
- The Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course
- Creative Media Production Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Higher National Diploma or Degree course at university