About the course
This course will give you the knowledge, understanding and competencies required for gaining employment in the graphic and visual design industries or for progressing to Higher Education. It will provide insight into the many different roles and disciplines available in the sector and focuses on the practical and theoretical skills needed to become a creative professional. The course will also teach you to promote yourself to employers.
The course has good links with industry and can provide you with opportunities to gain real work experience.
What you will study
- Product packaging design
- Editorial design
- Functional skills in English and maths
This course also provides you with excellent enrichment activities that include field trips to influential European cities, design museums in London, universities and art schools as well as being able to get involved in organising and running charity events.
- Assessment is coursework based. Students must pass each unit to get the overall Diploma qualification at the end of the course.
- 4 GCSEs - grades A*-C / 9-4 including English Language and maths
- Art and Design BTEC Level 2 Diploma - Merit or Distinction grades
- Selection is by interview and appraisal of your portfolio of art and design work.
Costs and loans
- The Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course
- Creative Media Production Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Higher National Diploma or Degree course at university