About the course
This course will give you the knowledge, understanding and competencies required for gaining employment in the creative industries or for progressing to Higher Education in a related-subject. It will provide insight into the many different roles and disciplines available in the sector and focuses on the practical and theoretical skills needed to become a creative professional. The course will also teach you to promote yourself to employers.
What you will study
- Visual recording and communications
- Material, techniques and processes
- Contextual influences in art and design
- Design methods and principles
- Community art
- Drawing from observation
- Design for advertising
- Garment and costume design and production
This course also provides you with excellent enrichment activities that include field trips to influential European cities, art galleries in London, universities and art schools as well as being able to get involved in organising and running charity events.
- Assessment is through coursework and assignments.
- 4 GCSEs - grades A*-C including English Language and Maths
- Art and Design BTEC Level 2 Diploma - Merit or Distinction grades
- Selection is by interview and appraisal of your portfolio of art and design work
Costs and loans
- The Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course
- Art and Design BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma 180
- This course will also suit students from other colleges and 6th forms who have already achieved an Art and Design BTEC Level 3 60 Credit Subsidiary Diploma.