About the course
This accelerated degree programme is designed to prepare you for active participation in the management of business. It includes building a wide range of personal skills and experience demanded by employers and to get you into the world of work in a shorter time. It:
- Offers an intensive, fast track degree offering as much academic content in two years as other universities offer in three.
- Allows you to start working and earning one year earlier.
- Allows you to make full use of the whole year, including the long summer holiday period of other universities, which is better preparation for the world of work.
- Your degree will comprise a full 360 credit units, just like other Bachelor’s degree
You will need to ensure that you can study at an intensive pace as the degree requires you to undertake 180 credits of study each year.
To join the degree you will need to have at least 112 UCAS points or a relevant qualification as follows:
- UCAS: 112 points
- GCE A Levels: BCC/BBC
- BTEC: BTEC Extended Diploma – DMM
- Access: Access to HE Diploma, to include 45 credits at Level 3, of which 30 must be merit
- OCR: OCR National Extended Diploma Merit
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma – DMM
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma – D*D*
- GCSE: Maths and English grade C or above required
- Baccalaureate: 26 points
If you have relevant work experience, academic credit (e.g. from Foundation Degree or HND) it may be awarded towards your qualification or you may be able to enter into year two or three of a degree programme at London South East Colleges.
What you will study
- People management in the 21st Century
- Contemporary Business Issues
- Accounting and Finance for Business
- Marketing Principles and Practice
- Applied Statistics for Business and Management
- Management and Leadership
- Project Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Corporate and Business Law
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics
- Assessment methods are varied and include practical work, assignments, essays, presentations, short tests and examinations.
Cost and loans
- You can apply for a student loan for this course through Student Finance England.
- Masters Degree and/or Membership of professional institutions such as CMI and CIPD Employment in the business sector