This practical one year course will introduce you to the theory and practice of the carpentry and joinery trade. It will also give you the basic grounding to progress on to higher studies.
What you will study
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Producing basic woodworking joints.
- How to maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- How to prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Practical assignment
- Working at Level 1 maths and English or above
- Employment as a qualified tradesperson