About the course
This courses is designed to provide you with a high level of understanding of the design, function, construction and statutory requirements for buildings of all classes and to prepare you for more advanced employment in the construction industry. It consists of a combination of core and optional units that provide appropriate training for employment in the field of quantity surveying (estimators and cost analysts), architectural technicians, building surveying, building control or construction and site management.
The courses have been designed to include a high level of academic and practical elements. Enrolment on the programme entitles you to become a student member of the CIOB, RICS and CIAT. The programme is also recognised nationally and internationally by employers in the construction industry.
How to apply
You must apply directly to the University of Greenwich for this course.
To apply, click here: University of Greenwich (Apply).
What you will study
- Project evaluation and design
- Construction technology and environmental design
- Construction technology and materials
- Management principles
- Building law and contract administration
- Construction economics and finance
- Assessment and management of risk
- Tendering and estimation
- Site engineering and surveying
- Construction management
- Assessment is through examinations, assignments including essay and report writing, portfolio building, project work, oral assessments and presentation
- You must pass each unit to get the overall qualification at the end of the course
- A minimum of 48 UCAS points, this is with the expectation that most applicants will have studied either levels, National Diploma or Certificate qualifications
- GCSE English and maths - grades A*-C
- 1 A Level or 2 AS Levels
- A relevant BTEC (Pearson’s EdExcel) National Diploma/Certificate in Construction Studies
- A relevant BTEC (Pearson’s EdExcel) National Diploma/Certificate in Civil Engineering Studies
- Applicants with BTEC ND/NC or degrees in other areas will be considered
- Mature applicants over 21 years of age with relevant industrial experience
- In addition to the above, applicants wishing to enter the course will be expected to be in relevant employment and will be required to attend an interview with the teaching staff
Costs and loans
- The Student Finance England loan is available for this course
- Progression to a relevant degree course at the University of Greenwich
- Membership of relevant chartered institutes via additional exams/courses
- Employment in the construction and built environment sector