About the course
The training covers the core competences in gas safety. It will prepare individuals to confidently complete the ACS reassessment. To register as a domestic gas installer, you must hold Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) plus certification for the appliances you intend to work on. Certification must be renewed every 5 years.
This course is suitable for you if:
Operatives must hold a current Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) qualification.
For MET1 operatives must hold either CCN1 , CESP1 or CMA1.
For REGT1 operatives must hold either CCN1 or CMA1.
This re-assessment course is for gas installers who need to renew their domestic ACS Appliance qualifications.
In order to undertake re-assessment, operatives must complete the course no more than 12 months after the expiry date of their existing qualifications.
The re-assessment can be completed up to six months before this expiry date.
Installers may only undertake gas appliance re-assessment in modules which they have previously been certificated under the ACS scheme.
Candidates who have held the qualifications previously but have let them lapse by more than 12 month will need to undertake Single appliance or meter Initial Assessment (ADD LINK)
Applicant need to present suitable certificate before enrolment such as the ACS CCN1 and Appliance certificates
When attending the course you will also need to provide 2 passport sized photos, a form of photo ID and your plumbing certificates or ACS Certificates for us to photocopy.
What you will study
The training covers the core competences in gas safety. It will prepare individuals to confidently complete the ACS reassessment.
You will be able to choose from the following appliances:
- CENWAT – Central heating boilers/hot water circulators/Water heaters
- CKR1 – Cookers
- HTR1 – Space heaters (including gas fires and wall heaters)
- MET1 – Meters
- CPA1– Combustion performance analysis of domestic appliances
Teaching and Assessment
- Two days training followed by a two - three days assessment
- The assessment section includes a theory exam and practical assessment to ensure competency. The practical assessments involve a series of practical checks to the standard of certification scheme.
Other courses available include:
- CCN1 Initial Core Gas Safety training & assessment Package
- CCN1 Core Gas Safety Reassessment
- CCN1 Reassessment + up to 4 appliances
- Appliance/meter Initial Assessment 3 - 4 appliances
- Appliance/meter Reassessment up to 4 appliances
Refresher Training and Assessment only packages are also available please ask