About the course
The course is designed to train and assess your gas safety competence in domestic gas work and is required before undertaking any other gas assessments.
To register as a domestic gas installer, you must hold Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) plus certification for the appliances you intend to work on. Certification must be renewed every 5 years.
This course is suitable for you if:
The CCN1 re-assessment course is for gas installers who need to renew their domestic ACS qualifications.
In order to undertake re-assessment, operatives must complete the course no more than 12 months after the expiry date of their existing qualifications.
The CCN1 re-assessment can be completed up to six months before this expiry date.
- Candidates who have never held CCN1 and have undertaken a recognised training programme such as APL or NVQ gas certificate will need to undertake CCN1 Initial Core Gas Safety
- Applicant must hold a valid CCN1 certificate before enrolment
- When attending the course you will also need to provide 2 passport sized photos, a form of photo ID and your plumbing certificates or ACS Certificates for us to photocopy.
What you will study
The training covers the core competences in gas safety. It will prepare individuals to confidently complete the ACS reassessment.
Teaching and Assessment
- One day training followed by a two day assessment
- The assessment section includes a theory exam and practical assessment to ensure competency. The practical assessments involve a series of practical checks to the standard of certification scheme.
Other courses available include:
- CCN1 Initial Core Gas Safety training & assessment Package
- CCN1 Core Gas Safety Reassessment
- CCN1 Reassessment + up to 4 appliances
- Appliance/meter Initial Assessment 3 - 4 appliances
- Appliance/meter Reassessment up to 4 appliances
Refresher Training and Assessment only packages are also available please ask