About the course
The course is designed to train and assess your gas safety competence in domestic gas work and is required before undertaking any other gas assessments.
To register as a domestic gas installer, you must hold Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) plus certification for the appliances you intend to work on. Certification must be renewed every 5 years.
This course is suitable for you if:
You hold a current Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) qualification.
If you are a MET1 operatives you must hold either CCN1 , CESP1 or CMA1.
From Monday 1st October 2018, you have to be registered with Gas Safe Register for a minimum of 6 months to add additional appliances to your initial registration.
Candidates who have held the qualifications previously but have let them lapse by more than 12 month.
- Candidates who have never held CCN1 and have undertaken a recognised training programme such as APL or NVQ gas certificate will need to undertake CCN1 Initial Core Gas Safety
What you will study
The training covers the core competences in gas safety. It will prepare individuals to confidently complete the ACS assessment. You will be able to choose from the following appliances:
- CENWAT – Central heating boilers/hot water circulators/Water heaters
- CKR1 – Cookers
- HTR1 – Space heaters (including gas fires and wall heaters)
- MET1 – Meters
- CPA1– Combustion performance analysis of domestic appliances
Teaching and Assessment
- Half a day training followed by a half a day assessment
- The assessment section includes a theory exam and practical assessment to ensure competency. The practical assessments involve a series of practical checks to the standard of certification scheme.
Other courses available include:
- CCN1 Initial Core Gas Safety training & assessment Package
- CCN1 Core Gas Safety Reassessment
- CCN1 Reassessment + up to 4 appliances
- Appliance/meter Initial Assessment 3 - 4 appliances
- Appliance/meter Reassessment up to 4 appliances
Refresher Training and Assessment only packages are also available please ask