About the course:
This course will allow you to build on the skills and knowledge acquired from your level 1 qualification or from a similar introductory or foundation level. It is ideal for you if you have ambitions to become a stage manager, theatre technician, scenery artist or costume and prop designer/maker. It is very hands-on and is the perfect introduction to the skills and techniques required to progress to level 3.
What you will study:
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Design of lighting, sound and sets
- Making props
- Operation of sound and lighting equipment
- Crew live performances (working in a team)
- Management of technical teams
All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. Students must pass each unit to get the Diploma qualification at the end of the course. Students are also required to undertake examinations in Essential (Functional) Skills English and Maths. This course is hard work and challenging, deadlines must always be met, units must be passed, it is also creative, fun and very rewarding.
- Technical Theatre Level 1 Diploma
- OR 4 GCSEs - grades A*-E including English and maths
- Selection is by interview and internal tests
Technical Theatre Level 3 Diploma