About the course:
This course is ideal if you have a passion for dance and performance and have a particular interest in developing both your practical and theoretical understanding of dance before progressing into higher education and the first steps of your career in the dance industry.
What you will study:
- Daily training in contemporary, ballet and jazz
- Performing to an Audience
- Practical workshops in a range of other dance styles including urban and social styles
- The Healthy Performer
- Audition preparation
- Dance Appreciation
- The course is assessed in a variety of different ways; video recorded technique assessments and performances, logbooks, presentations, set scenarios and written assessments.
- Dance Level 2 Diploma
- OR 4 GCSEs - grades A*-C / 9 - 4 including English and maths
- Selection is by interview and audition
- Degree course at university
- Employment in the dance industry