About the course
This course is ideal for you if you are interested in working in a school or other educational setting including special educational needs (SEN) provision and behaviour units as a teaching or learning support assistant. The course allows you to progress on from your level 2 course and is suitable if you are employed in the primary, secondary or FE sectors.
What you will study
- Supporting children and young people with disabilities and special educational needs
- Supporting learning activities
- Promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
You will need to complete a 100-hour placement between January and June whilst on course and will be observed by a member of the teacher training team at the setting. You will be assessed on your placement as well as all other coursework, assignments and portfolio both internally and externally.
- 4 GCSEs - grades A* - C / 9 - 4 including English and maths
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2 NCFE Certificate
- Advanced DBS Clearance
- Selection is by interview and internal tests
- Supporting Teaching and Learning Foundation Degree
- Early Years Education Foundation Degree