About the course
This introductory teaching qualification will interest you if you are not currently in a teaching, training or support role but would like to enter the profession. The course will also benefit you if you are currently working in teaching and training role but would like to obtain a recognised qualification. This course runs three times a year: September, January and April.
What you will study
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
The aim of the course is to introduce you to the role of the teacher and responsibilities. You will learn how to put together a lesson plan and create a motivating environment for learners.
You will produce a portfolio of evidence which is made up of various course engagement tasks. You will take part in class discussions and practical work and have individual written tasks to complete. You will be expected to spend time each week writing up and completing your course work. You will also deliver a 15 minute micro-teach to the rest of the group. Full details of this will be discussed with the course tutor at the beginning of the course.
- GCSEs - grades A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and maths
- You must have a subject specialism that you want to teach and hold a relevant subject specific qualification at Level 3 or higher
- Selection is by interview and internal tests
- Education and Training NCFE Level 4
- Employment or promotion in the education and training sectors