About the course:
This degree-equivalent level course will enable you to build upon the practical skills and knowledge acquired on the NCFE Level 4 Certificate and is ideal if you aspire to hold a teaching role with an extensive range of teaching and training responsibilities.
It will prepare you to teach and train in a range of contexts. You will explore underpinning theories, frameworks and research into effective teaching, training and learning, alongside developing practical teaching skills.
What you will study:
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practices and development
- Effective partnership working
- Equality and diversity
- Teaching in a specialist area
- Managing behavious in a learning environment
- Teaching practice - a minimum of 100 hours
You will produce a portfolio of evidence which is made up of various course engagement tasks. You will take part in class discussions and practical work and have individual written tasks to complete. You will be expected to have a minimum of 100 hours of teaching experience as part of this qualification. Full details of this will be discussed with the course tutor at the beginning of the course.
- Education and Training NCFE Level 4 Certificate or equivalent
- You will need to produce evidence of your English skills at level 3 and maths at level 2 or above.
- You must have a subject specialism that you want to teach and hold a relevant subject specific qualification at Level 3 or higher.
- Advanced DBS Clearance
- Selection is by interview and internal tests
Employment or promotion in a range of education and training specialisms