About the course:
This course will enable you to build upon the practical skills and knowledge acquired on the NCFE Level 3 Award. If you have ever wanted to teach within the further education and lifelong learning sectors, this qualification will give you the necessary understanding of the various roles and responsibilities of a teacher, as well as helping you to perform initial and diagnostic assessments, deliver inclusive teaching and learning and use resources effectively.
What you will study:
- Meeting the needs of your learners
- Equality, diversity and inclusivity
- Legislation in the education and training sectors
- Creating effective teaching and learning resources
- Lesson planning
- Assessing your learners’ work
- Teaching practice
You will produce a portfolio of evidence which is made up of various course engagement tasks. You will take part in class discussions and practical work and have individual written tasks to complete. You will be expected to have a minimum of 30 hours of teaching experience as part of this qualification. Full details of this will be discussed with the course tutor at the beginning of the course.
- Education and Training NCFE Level 3 Award or equivalent
- You must have a subject specialism that you want to teach and hold a relevant subject specific qualification at Level 3 or higher.
- Advanced DBS Clearance
- Selection is by interview and internal tests
- Education and Training NCFE Level 5 Award
- Employment or promotion in the further education and training sectors