About the course
This course is offered either as a qualification if you are already employed as a teacher or trainer in the post-compulsory education and training sector or an in-service qualification if you wish to gain a recognised, national teaching qualification and are not yet employed as a teacher in the sector. It is a programme offered in partnership with the University of Greenwich.
The distance learning programme is suited to you if you do not live near the College, have irregular work hours or cannot attend a weekly class.
How to Apply
- You must apply directly to the University of Greenwich for this course.
- To apply, click here: University of Greenwich (Apply).
What you will study
- Teaching and training methods
- Planning for assessment and learning
- Theory in professional practice
- Professional development
- Curriculum studies
- Professional investigation
- Assessment methods are varied and include practical work, assignments, essays, presentations, short tests and examinations
- GCSEs - grades A*-C in English and maths
- A letter from your employer confirming your role and number of teaching hours
- You must be teaching or training for a minimum of two hours per-week if already employed
- Level 3/4 qualification and experience in your area of expertise
- Enhanced DBS clearance
Mature students without formal qualifications may be considered as a result of life and work experience following an entry test.
Costs and loans
- The Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course
- PGCE Masters Level
- Employment as a teacher