About the course
This course is ideal for you if you are interested in working in a school or other educational setting and already have some experience of this type of role.
What you will study
- Child and young people’s development
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Schools as organisations
- Supporting learning activities
The course is primarily classroom based, however students are required to find and complete a minimum of 80 hours of placement in a school setting (playgroups and nurseries are not suitable) and the placement must be across all curriculum subjects not just literacy and numeracy. Students will also be observed on their placement.
- 4 GCSEs - grades A*-D including English and maths
- Advanced DBS Clearance
- Selection is by interview and internal tests
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 NCFE Certificate