About the course
The course develops a your ability in writing, reading, speaking and listening through preparation for the AQA New Syllabus English Language GCSE. There are no longer separate foundation and higher tiers for this qualification.
- There are two examination papers in June, each lasting 1 hour 45 minutes, and you must sit both papers
- In addition, there is a speaking and listening assessment that is conducted in class with your class teacher
- This course demands proficiency in standard English and might not be suitable if English is not your first language
- There will be an initial assessment during enrolment and a baseline assessment test during induction
- English GCSE is an essential requirement for most jobs, level 3 courses and higher education