About the course
This course is designed primarily for if you have already studied GCSE Maths, but wish to improve your grade to a 4 or higher. You will study at foundation tier. Full specification and syllabus information is available by clicking here.
What you will study
The Edexcel new syllabus GCSE Mathematics course covers the following areas:
- Statistics and probability
- Geometry and measures
- Ratio proportion and rates of change
- Both calculator skills and non-calculator skills are developed throughout the course
As a student on this course, you will experience new approaches to learning mathematics, including substantial e-learning opportunities. You will require a scientific calculator.
There are 3 exam papers, all with equal weighting; one in May and two in June:
- Paper 1: 1 hour 30 minutes non-calculator exam
- Paper 2: 1 hour 30 minutes calculator exam
- Paper 3: 1 hour 30 minutes calculator exam
- There will be an initial assessment during enrolment and a baseline assessment test during induction
- GCSE Maths allows you to progress to many level 3 qualifications or above and is a requirement for many degree courses and careers