About the course
This short, free, part time, non-accredited course is designed to help you prepare to apply for a GCSE course if you have not studied maths for some time but feel generally confident about your maths skills. The course will provide an introduction to the GCSE syllabus and an opportunity to brush up on your numeracy skills.
What you will study
The Edexcel new syllabus GCSE Mathematics course covers the following areas:
- Statistics and probability
- Geometry and measures
- Ratio proportion and rates of change
- This course will introduce you to all of these areas and help you to develop both calculator skills and non-calculator skills
As a student on this course, you will experience new approaches to learning mathematics, including substantial e-learning opportunities. You will require a scientific calculator.
- There is no external assessment for this course but you will be helped to measure your progress and have the opportunity to sit the initial assessment for the GCSE maths courses starting in September
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you should feel confident in your general numeracy skills
- If unsure, please ask to take a short on-line numeracy assessment to help you decide whether this is the right option for you.
- We also offer functional skills maths courses at all levels
- Progression to a GCSE Maths course