About the course
This course is ideal if you wish to improve your basic maths, English, and computing skills for everyday life and to help you progress on to English and Maths GCSE or other further education courses or improve your employment prospects.
Class sizes are kept small in numbers to ensure you get the attention you need. You will work at your own pace and group work from Entry Level up to Level 2. On joining the course, you will be assessed and started at the appropriate level. You are expected to develop your own positive and independent approach to study.
What you will study
- English: written communication, including spelling; speaking and listening; reading.
- Maths: number skills (e.g. addition, multiplication, subtraction); measurement, shape and space (e.g. money, length, area, volume, perimeter); handling data (e.g. tables, charts, averages)
- There are no formal requirements
- You will be assessed to ensure this course is suited to your needs
- You will be expected to be working at Entry Level 1 or above for English and maths
- The course is suitable for those aged over 19 years old
- This course is a springboard for progressing to higher level courses and in to work. It is an excellent way for students to improve their employment prospects and their confidence
- On successful completion of the course, students will have the opportunity to gain a Functional Skills qualification equivalent to GCSE grade C in Maths and/or English