About the course
Our IELTS (International English Language Testing System) course prepares you to take the internationally recognised IELTS test. The academic IELTS is necessary if you plan to study at university (undergraduate or postgraduate courses) in the UK. It is also necessary for people who wish to work in certain occupations. The course will expand your ability to understand and to use complex academic language.
What you will study
- You will cover all areas of language to prepare you for the IELTS exam
- You will be assessed throughout the programme to monitor your progress.
- We do not hold exams here, but your teacher will direct you to the nearest IELTS testing centre.
You will be required to take an initial assessment to find out your level of English and if the course is suitable for you.
You must be at least Level 1 (B2 CEFR) to be able to join this course.
- Higher level course in your chosen subject
- Advancement in your current job role, promotion or career change
- If you would like more information about Fees and Funding, please click here
- If you would like more information about Accommodation, please click here
Dates and times
- The first course begins on 2 October 2018
- The second course begins on 26 February, 2019
- Each course takes 14 weeks to complete.
- The course will be on Tuesdays, 3.15pm - 5.45pm