About the course:
The IAB is the longest established professional body for book-keeping. It was formed in 1973, and is committed to maintaining the highest standards in book-keeping. It holds its examinations in over 90 countries throughout the world.
The IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll is suitable for:
- Individuals who are keen to gain an understanding of basic payroll procedures and also those who wish to become professional payroll processors.
- Individuals who are new to payroll and who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge required of payroll clerks prior to employment.
- Individuals who wish to understand the PAYE system in a computerised environment fortheir own interest.
- Individuals who would like to return to work and wish to add a basic understanding of computerised payroll to their skills.
- Individuals who are already employed in payroll processing or allied roles and wish to augment this knowledge with an accredited qualification in computerised payroll at level 1.
What will you study:
- Set up a computerised payroll system
- Set up employee records and payroll data in a computerised payroll system
- Enter details of gross pay into the computerised payroll system
- Process the payroll
- Back up and/or restore payroll data
- Understand statutory requirements for submitting information
This is a 7 week course. However to be successful you must be prepared to do some independent study.There is an end of course exam and a College based assignment.
A reasonable standard of maths and English is expected and you must be computer literate.
Please note, students have to be over 19 at the beginning of the academic year to be able to enrol on this course.
Cost and Loans:
The fee above covers the examinations and assignments, and full membership of the IAB for 12 months. Course books.
For IAB details, ring 01732 458080 or visit www.iab.org.uk.