About this course
If you are looking for a Course that you can still complete this academic year that will give you a solid introduction to the caring sector and develop awareness of the potential employment pathways that the sector has.. This course is for you. The course offers you work experience to develop your employability and people skills.
This is an introductory level 1 course that aims to give an outline and overview of the various career paths and progression routes within the health and care sector
What you will study
- An overview of all health, social care and children’s services
- Life stages and development
- Influences on health needs
- Practical creative and therapeutic activities
- Self-management skills
- Teamwork and communication skills
The course will also cover functional skills in English, and Numeracy
- There are no examinations. Assessment is via coursework
- 4 GCSEs D-G/3-1 including English Language and a satisfactory school reference
- Hours per week: 15 (including e-learning)
- Duration: 36 weeks.