About the course
Do you work in Care home or Hospice?
Do you volunteer in care setting?
Are you an employer who would like to develop your Workforce?
The Award in Emotional Resilience has been developed to provide training for those already employed in the healthcare sector, with the opportunity to develop skills which support their work. It provides individuals and organisations with an excellent opportunity to develop your current workforce and also develop personal preparation for further learning in education settings and/or employment.
What you will study
You will complete 2 units:
- Developing Skills in Emotional Resilience
- Developing Self-Awareness of Emotional Resilience
- How the model of ‘emotional first aid’ impacts on their own role
- The different components of active listening
- How to respond to emotionally challenging situations
- The professional boundaries of their role
- The theoretical models of loss and change
- The personal boundaries of their own role
- The emotions and behaviours associated with loss and/or change
- The concept of holistic self-care and its importance when providing emotional support to others
- You will be assessed on projects you develop in class
- Selection is by interview, initial screening, literacy and numeracy test
The qualification provides a sound basis for learners to move on to level 3 qualifications in related subject areas, or to directly enter employment in related vocational areas.