About the course
This course is ideal for you if you are considering a career in the hospitality industry as a chef working in a professional kitchen. You will progress your knowledge and skills in professional cokery and learn how to produce restaurant quality food using a wide variety of cooking methods, techniques and ingredients. You will gain practical knowledge of kitchen organisation, menu planning and wider understanding of ingredients and food presentation styles. You will be expected to undertake a period of work experience during the course in a restaurant or hotel.
What you will study
- Food safety and preparation
- Serving food and drink
- Healthy eating
- Using kitchen equipment
- Cooking basic food items and dishes
- Job opportunities in the hospitality industry
- All the assessments for this qualification will be through practical demonstration and assignments, written and practical exams.
- 4 GCSEs - grades A*-D / 9 - 3 including English and maths
- Culinary Skills Level 1 C&G Certificate
- Selection is by interview and internal tests
- Professional Cookery NVQ Level 3 Diploma C&G