About the course
If you are passionate and interested in creating and making Games, not just playing them, programming or advanced mobile technologies then this course is for you. The computer games Industry is one of the biggest forms of media entertainment. You will learn about the Computer Games industry and the fast growing Esport sector.
What you will study
You will study 18 units over 2 years. The course is made up of 8 core modules that are compulsory and then a series of Option units that can be selected.
- Communication Technologies
- Object Oriented Programming
- Interactive Media authoring
- 3D Games Development
- 2D Digital Graphics
- Computer games Design
- Project Planning and Development
Assessment is through coursework that is internally assessed and externally moderated by an examiner with 2 external assessed unit.
- Level 2 Vocational Diploma (BTEC/C&G)
- 4 GCSE’s grade A-C or 4-9 inclusive of English and maths
- GCSE English and Maths Grades A-c or 4-9)
- Interest in IT, Design and Digital Technology
Costs and loans
The Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course