About the course
The course will focus on Computer Hardware, Software Development and Information Systems, End User support software. If you are passionate and interested in creating your own software, practical computing and developing imaginative solutions to user problems and are thinking of a career in network design, cloud computing, programming or advanced mobile technologies then this course is for you.
What you will study
You will study 18 units over 2 years. The course is made up of 8 core modules that are compulsory and then a series of Option units that can be selected.
- Communication Technologies
- Information Systems
- Computer Networks
- Managing Networks
- Software Design and Development
- Systems security
- Computer systems Architecture
Assessment is through coursework that is internally assessed and externally moderated by an examiner with 1 external assessed unit
- Level 2 Vocational Diploma (BTEC/C&G)
- 4 GCSE’s grade A-C or 4-9 inclusive of English and maths
- GCSE English and Maths Grades A-c or 4-9)
- Interest in IT and Digital Technology
Cost and loans
The Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course.