About the course
This practical, one year course will equip you with basic plumbing skills, enabling you to take your first steps towards career in one of the world's most essential industries. You be trained in our state-of-the-art workshop, allowing you to install bathrooms, connect to pre-fixed boilers and install radiators for domestic properties.
What you will study
- Installing all necessary plumbing equipment for domestic properties
- Pipe cutting and threading, pipe bending and pipe fitting
- Using the latest materials, such as copper pipes with solder joints and PVC pipes with push fit connections.
- Installing drainage systems and the correct methods for fitting guttering.
- Health and safety
- Working at heights
- Basic first aid
- Classroom based and practical workshops
- There are no formal entry requirements - but you will need to attend an interview
- You will be required to purchase your own safety boots, but all other materials will be provided