About the course
This course leads directly from the Diploma 90 and is designed to provide you with a highly specialist work-related qualification to give you options in a number of applied science disciplines. It will give you the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to prepare for higher education or employment.
What you will study
- Diseases and infections
- Human physiology
- Microbiological techniques
- Fundamentals of science
- Practical techniques
- Perceptions of science
- Biomedical techniques
- Mathematical calculations for science
- Assessment is mainly coursework based. All units are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- You must pass each unit to get the overall Extended Diploma qualification at the end of the course
- Applied Science BTEC Level 3 Diploma 90 grade merit or above
- Access to this course is by direct entry from (and the successful completion of) the Diploma 90 course
- Pharmaceutical Science Foundation Degree - University of Greenwich
- Biomedical Science Foundation Degree - University of Greenwich Science
- Year 0 of BSc (Hons) at University of Greenwich
- Other science-related degree courses at university
- The majority of our students go on to study Sciences at degree level.
- The College has links with the University of Greenwich, and successful students have the option to continue at the College full time on a Foundation Degree in an Biomedical Science or Pharmaceutical Science.
- Alternatively, the course will prepare you for work within a wide range of science-based careers.