About the course
The Employment Preparation programme is designed for learners who need to develop their skills for future employment. The vocational subjects have been selected for their practical application and the emphasis on teamwork, which is a crucial element of any job.
Learners will develop functional skills in English, Maths and ICT by participating in a range of activities including creative projects and out of college social activities.
What you will study
- Catering and customer service
- Independent Living
- Personal & Social Development
- Employability Skills
- ICT and Media
- Work Experience
- English and Maths
- Assessment is continuous and consists of marking and feeding back to learners on written work, observation of practical skills and where appropriate successful completion of three functional skills exams at a level appropriate to the learner
- The course team will review learners’ progress throughout the year, focusing on personal and social skills, employability and English and maths
- Learners will undertake work experience (between one to two days per week) during the spring and summer terms
- Learners with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) will have an annual review within 12 months of the date of their EHCP
- Applicants require an Education, Health and Care Plan and a report from their most recent school or training provider demonstrating excellent attendance and time keeping
- Successful interview and a keenness to become work ready.
- Be competent in travelling independently, able to establish a good working relationship with both staff and their peers and to participate in educational visits & out of college activities
- Where learners have developed sufficient skills, they can progress onto the Supported Internship programme or into employment
- Transitioning learners will be introduced to appropriate supported employment services and other agencies to assist them in achieving and independent life and future employment
- Learners are expected to provide their own safety boots or shoes for practical subjects and to be equipped with pens and paper at all times
- There may be occasional charges for educational visits