About the course
The Employment Preparation course is designed for students who need to develop their skills for future employment. The vocational subjects have been selected for their practical application and the emphasis on team work, which is a crucial element of any job.
Students will develop functional skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT by participating in a range of activities including creative projects, group investigative tasks and out of college social activities. To apply please download this form, complete it and send it to Dimitrios Alexiou, Nido Volans Centre, Bromley, Rookery Lane, Bromley, BR2 8HE.
What you will study
- Independent Living
- Social Education
- Employability Skills
- Work Experience
Each student will continue to develop their literacy, numeracy and ICT skills through practical application.
- Assessment is continuous, mainly by practical assignments in all subjects, simulated work projects and work experience
- Students will undertake work experience (between one to two days per week) during the Spring and Summer terms. Placements will be organised by the co-ordinator
- The course team will review students’ progress formally three times a year in relation to the course aims and their individual development targets
- Applicants will need to supply an Education, Health and Care Plan or similar evidence and a report from their most recent school or training provider regarding attendance and time keeping
- Be competent in travelling independently, able to establish a good working relationship with both staff and their peers and to participate in educational visits & out of college activities
- Students will be working towards the achievement of a certificate in work skills, enabling them to progress into the workplace
- All students will be introduced to appropriate supported employment services to assist them in achieving eventual employment
- Students are expected provide their own safety boots or shoes for practical subjects and to be equipped with pens and paper at all times
- There may be occasional charges for educational visits
If you would prefer to apply via a paper application form, this can be downloaded here. All paper applications should be sent to Dimitrios Alexiou, London South East Colleges, Bromley Campus, Nido Volans Centre, Rookery Lane, Bromley BR2 8HE.