About the course
Independent Life Skills is an accredited learning programme created to support the learners’ needs and aspirations as they prepare for adult life. The curriculum is made up of selected modules that will develop essential personal, social and employability skills. Each learner is invited to attend the college for an interview and short transition programme to ascertain whether we can meet needs.
What you will study
- Independent Living Skills (including using the community, shopping, cooking and looking after your own home)
- Communication through Performing Arts
- Communication through Art
- Employability through Business Enterprise
- Employability through Manufacturing
- Personal & Social Development and Adult Relationships
- Travel Training/Road Safety
- Personal Presentation
Learner support needs will be assessed in conjunction with their Education Health Care Plan and allocated on an individual basis. In addition to the modules, each learner will be provided with a tutorial programme and pastoral support.
Learners meet with a tutor to discuss their aspirations and to identify whether needs can be met as highlighted within their Education Health and Care Plan.
The learners’ programmes will also include enrichment activities to enhance and provide a balanced curriculum