Safeguarding our learners
Keeping young people and vulnerable adults studying here is something we take very seriously. We have policies in place to ensure safer recruitment and to deal with any allegations.
What should I do if I'm concerned about a learner?
- Don't promise confidentiality
- Tell a member of the safeguarding team immediately - just ask reception who will locate a Safeguarding officer
- Tell a learner what you're doing and why
- Don't investigate
- Make a record of any conversation
Guidelines for visitors: help us keep our learners safe
- Please read the leaflet provided to you by reception
- Please make sure you wear your visitor/contractor lanyard at all times and keep to the purposes and locations of your visit
- Please make sure you're escorted by a staff member at all times
- Please be mindful of your own behaviour in relation to learners
- Please act promptly if you see or are approached by a learner in distress
Get in touch
The Safeguarding Team is happy to talk to learners, staff and visitors. Ask in the Student Hub, talk to us directly or in an emergency, ask reception to locate on of us.
Your main contacts are:
- Robert Gee (Head of Safeguarding and Designated Lead officer) - 020 8295 7013
- Liz Watson (Safeguarding Manager for Bromley and Orpington Campuses and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead) - 020 8295 7000 ext 1580
- Steve Carney (Safeguarding Manager for the Greenwich and Bexley Campuses and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead) - 020 8488 4893 (Greenwich) and 01322 404 027 (Bexley)