About the course
This course will give you the foundation needed to pursue a career in the performing arts industry via higher education.
You will take a ‘hands-on’ approach and learn through a realistic working environment, taking part in practical exercises, simulated work environment, industry led workshops and site visits
Our tutors come from a professional background in the industry and maintain strong links and partnerships within the industry that allows relevant work experience for two weeks with a professional theatre company or industry specialist.
- We are looking for dedicated students who are reliable, mature, creative and passionate about working in theatre
- You need to be independent and good at working in teams
- You need to be able to research, rehearse and focus at a high standard
This course has been created for any young person who is excited about the world of Theatre. It is designed for the stage managers , designers and technicians of tomorrow.
- On successful completion of the course you will be well equipped for the professional world of theatre, for further study at university, drama school or a creative apprenticeship
- The qualification could lead you on to study at the countries leading drama schools including RADA, Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, Rose Bruford, ALRA, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts and LAMDA
- You can also progress to leading universities such as London South Bank, Greenwich and Goldsmiths